Allergies in children: causes and treatment

Allergies in children: causes and treatment

Today, approximately 30% of people all over the planet suffer from allergies. Most of them are children who experience different types of allergies from birth. Doctors tend to call the 21st century the age of allergy. Let's talk today about the causes of childhood allergies and how to treat it.

Allergy in children- This is a type of immune response of the body to the effects of certain substances (allergens), which is accompanied by damage to the organs and tissues of the body. Allergies are considered a perverse way to protect the body to be treated.

Causes of Allergies in Children

According to scientists, the causes of allergic reactions can be many, modern medicine highlights the main causes of allergies in children:

1. Heredity.Scientists have shown that predisposition to allergies is often transmitted genetically. It was noted that in children suffering from allergies, in 70% of cases moms were also allergic, and in 10-20% of cases dad suffered from allergies.Doctors say that if both parents are allergic, then the probability of an allergy in a child is 80%.

2. Infectious diseasesat an early age is a prerequisite for the development of allergies in older age.

3. Sterile conditions of life.Scientists claim that excessively sterile living conditions, rare contact with infections can cause allergic reactions.

4. Ecology.Adverse environmental conditions also provoke allergies. The main negative factors considered to be: gas pollution, the use of a large number of chemicals, the use of products containing antibiotics, hormones, electromagnetic radiation.

5. Diseases of the internal organs.It happens that the cause of allergy becomes a malfunction of the internal organs: liver, stomach, endocrine, nervous system.

Read also:Find out what causes allergies in children?

Allergy in children: causes and treatment - image №1

Read also:Find out what reduces the risk of allergies in children

Common symptoms of childhood allergies

Concerningallergy symptoms in childrenthen they depend on what kind of allergy is observed in a child.With different types of allergies there will be different symptoms. It is customary to single out such common symptoms of childhood allergies: itching, hives, skin rash, eczema, rhinitis, tearing, swelling of certain tissues, allergic asthma, vomiting, diarrhea, cramps, fever.

Allergy treatment

If with the help of tests the doctors managed to understand exactly which allergen causes the body’s reaction in the child, then the most effective treatment for allergies will beAvoid contact with the allergen.

When the allergen is not installed, it is often prescribed medication, which can eliminate the symptoms of allergies, as well as improve the condition of the baby.Fenistil drops- antiallergic drug that helps relieve symptoms such as itching for skin rashes, as well as urticaria, runny nose, nasal congestion caused by allergens.

Only a doctor can prescribe medications to a child after a preliminary examination, as well as an analysis of the baby’s condition. Self-medication for allergies can be dangerous!

Diet may be an effective treatment for food allergies in a child.. The type of diet depends on the condition of the child.It is necessary that the diet treatment also takes place under the supervision of a doctor. If the allergen is not installed, it is often recommended to exclude from the diet tea, chocolate, sugar, as well as products containing these components, peeled cereals, meat, fish, milk, cheese, butter, smoked foods and spices.

Among the modern methods of treatment of allergiesallocate ASIT therapy. During this therapy, a small amount of the allergen is injected into the patient’s blood, as a result of which tolerance to the allergen is produced in the body. This procedure can be performed for children after three years.

Read also:Seasonal Allergy Calendar

Allergy in children: causes and treatment - image №2

Read also:How to recognize an allergy in a child?

Physiotherapy for allergies is also considered effective.The most common physiotherapy procedures for allergies is considered plasmapheresis (a method for purifying blood plasma), using a speleological chamber (the air in this chamber is saturated with salt ions, the patient is temporarily placed in it), the use of a pressure chamber (the patient is placed in a special hermetic chamber ).

Among the new ways to treat allergiesIt is worth noting the intravenous laser irradiation of blood (ILBL). This method can be effectively used to treat most allergic diseases: atopic dermatitis, urticaria, bronchial asthma, allergic rhinitis.

We still remain populartraditional methods of treating allergiesthat provide rubbing, the use of herbs. Before using traditional medicine is also recommended to consult a doctor!

Children's allergy is the # 1 problem for many modern children. To protect your baby from allergies at an older age, doctors recommend taking care of this from the very birth of the baby: practice breastfeeding for at least six months, and also not introduce complementary foods until that age, because it is in the first year of life that the child’s immunity is actively developing.

Related news

  • CHOOSE a summer outfit and find out something interesting about yourself
  • The victory of the special boy on the voice. Children shook Russia
  • Endangered animal species that may disappear in this century
  • 9 things a wedding photographer will never do at his wedding
  • To give birth or not to give birth in a rented apartment
  • Allergies in children: causes and treatment

    Allergies in children: causes and treatment

    Allergies in children: causes and treatment

    Allergies in children: causes and treatment

    Allergies in children: causes and treatment

    Allergies in children: causes and treatment

    Allergies in children: causes and treatment

    Allergies in children: causes and treatment

    Allergies in children: causes and treatment

    Allergies in children: causes and treatment

    Allergies in children: causes and treatment Allergies in children: causes and treatment Allergies in children: causes and treatment Allergies in children: causes and treatment Allergies in children: causes and treatment Allergies in children: causes and treatment Allergies in children: causes and treatment Allergies in children: causes and treatment Allergies in children: causes and treatment Allergies in children: causes and treatment Allergies in children: causes and treatment Allergies in children: causes and treatment Allergies in children: causes and treatment Allergies in children: causes and treatment Allergies in children: causes and treatment Allergies in children: causes and treatment Allergies in children: causes and treatment Allergies in children: causes and treatment Allergies in children: causes and treatment Allergies in children: causes and treatment