The choice of bedroom design 4 by 4 meters must be based on the practical benefits of further use of the room. But what if the room has a small area?
The definition of style will help simplify the purchase of furniture and decorations that do not clutter up the room.
Popular styles include:
- Minimalism. This style is characterized by the absence in the interior of a large number of decorations and furniture, it will be possible to achieve the visual effect of expanding the space. The color range is not limited, the use of dark colors is not recommended.
- Classic. In this case, the classic should be limited to a small number of decorations: a large chandelier, heavy curtains in combination with a light fabric and a few decorative vases, candlesticks or figurines will be an excellent solution to the problem.
- Provence will give the room the necessary comfort. A small space in this case will play into the hands of the owner.This style is characterized by soft colors, natural materials used for the manufacture of furniture, the presence of a large number of small decorations, giving the room a special charm.
- Ethno style. The main feature of this type of design can be considered the presence of a large number of very specific decorations, paintings and plants. Not the best option for a small room, but in combination with minimalist notes, ethno style can become an excellent option for any room in the house.
- Modern A large number of intricate patterns, curved lines, a harmonious combination of colors - these are the elements that play with imagination, leaving room for reflection. It is desirable to use no more than three colors, it is not allowed to use unnecessarily bright details.
Color becomes another management tool; with its help it is possible to achieve the necessary effect of visually increasing the available space.
Competently to issue a bedroom can be independently, having resorted to the well-known tricks of manipulating color.
When choosing a color should be considered:
- Do not use too dark colors.The presence of wood shades is allowed. It is recommended to use black as part of the interior design: a dark floor or inlays on furniture is an excellent way out of the situation without harm to space.
- White color will be the solution to all problems, it is he who is able to create the effect of visual expansion of space. In order for the room not to look unnecessarily sterile, you need to add a few weighty details: curtains or linens in blue, light green or peach shades.
- The predominance of too bright colors is not allowed: red, blue, yellow, orange. Such lights can negatively affect the psyche, in addition, they often eat up the useful space of a small bedroom.
When making a narrow bedroom should pay special attention to the light, it also has a significant impact on the perception of space.
To feel comfortable, you should choose a large amount of natural materials.
The most popular materials for wall and floor decoration for a bedroom are:
- Wallpaper. The most practical and inexpensive option. Subject to easy and convenient replacement.A large number of options will allow you to arrange a room in accordance with personal preferences.
- Paint. It is enough to choose a high-quality material, most often paint accent walls. It is important to understand that a room with painted walls can look cheap and tasteless.
- Plaster. It will be an excellent option for decoration in minimalist style.
- Stone finish It combines with almost any chosen style. The only disadvantage of this design is the high cost that justifies the end result. This finish requires extra care.
- Wooden lining. Such a design of the walls looks quite natural and concise, do not use dark wood shades.
- For flooring fit parquet.
- Laminate is a universal coating and can be used in the decoration of the floor and walls.
- Carpets are allowed. This option is not suitable for pet owners, as the carpet will need unnecessarily frequent cleaning.
Properly selected coverage is important not only for the interior, but also for the health of residents.
Lighting devices must be selected based on their goals and the availability of working areas.
The ideas that can give a room a special amount include:
- A good option would be a combination of lighting and a glossy surface on which they will be placed (a lamp and a pedestal), this technique is used in other small and narrow rooms (for example, in the kitchen or in the living room). You should not abuse this method, otherwise it will look too cheap and tasteless.
- Create a kind of center in which the chandelier will be placed. Thus, the composition will be complete and will not cause unnecessary dissonance.
- The presence of multi-level lighting is recommended: in this case, the presence of cabinets and pedestals. The complexity of the lighting will help make the room more spacious.
- Place additional lighting in work areas near the bed. Thus, even with a general lack of lighting, you can perform the tasks: engage in work or creativity, read.
- You can apply the backlight (often use LED lamps) to frequently used things: sliding cabinets, mirrors.This method will help create an atmosphere of comfort.
Do not forget about other additional techniques that can be implemented with the help of furniture and accessories.
The furniture should be practical, not take up too much space, fit into the overall mood of the room. It is worth paying attention to several techniques that allow you to create the desired effect:
1. It is worth resorting to the use of furniture without legs (the option with short legs is allowed), such furniture will not look too big (in comparison with the dimensions of the room).
2. It is advisable to use only the necessary furniture (bed, wardrobe, pedestals, if necessary, a table). Do not use the space to the maximum, leave free space.
3. If you are pursuing a practical goal and you need a large number of cabinets and shelves, you can use several practical options:
- Purchase a bed with built-in drawers. This will add not only practical benefits, but also ease of use.
- Trust the built-in closet. Do not expect that he does not eat up the space.
- Use retractable furniture.When the bedroom is combined with the office, use of retractable tables is allowed. A practical option would be to extend the window sill, ready to become a work area.
- If there is a desk in the room, it is recommended to place a folding sofa bed. It will be convenient if you are the owner of a one-room apartment. In this case, the sofa will become a place for receiving guests.
4. Use mirrors and cabinets with transparent (or mirrored) doors. Reflective surfaces give a sense of “extension” of space.
These techniques, combined with harmoniously selected color can create the feeling that the area of the room is slightly larger.
It is worth mentioning other useful techniques for visual expansion of space:
- Wall mural, this option is especially relevant if the room is covered with wallpaper of the color shown in the picture. In this case, the integrity of the composition is created.
- Glossy floor and ceiling in combination with the right color can increase the boundaries of the room.
- Do not use a muted light (observe moderation, too bright color can cause discomfort), it will make the room even smaller.
- If the bedroom has no windows, you should create them yourself. In this case, the actual models: fake windows, paintings, small mirrors with lots of lights, Japanese doors (shoji).
- Do not use too bulky fabrics for curtains. It is desirable to combine them with light and transparent fabrics.
It should be understood that the overall mood of the residents depends on the interior of the 4 by 4 meter bedroom, which is why it is recommended to treat the situation with special attention. If you can not achieve the desired effect yourself, consult a specialist. In the presence of such advice to arrange a bedroom in their own taste is not difficult, and the end result will please the owner for many years.