Does the baby complain of pain in the abdomen, does he have hard stools, painful bowel movements, or the child cannot poke the second day? These are all signs of constipation. What to do with constipation in a child?
Constipation in children is a fairly common problem. However, the causes of constipation can be very different - from malnutrition to psychological problems.
None of the causes of constipation in children should be ignored, since constipation leads to intoxication of the body, and if this happens regularly (the child cannot poop), then constipation in children can become chronic.
REASONS FOR DISAPPEARANCE IN CHILDREN
We will call you the 5 most common causes of constipation in children, correcting which you will help your child get rid of this problem.
1. Lack of fluid in the body.If a child drinks little, the fecal masses become dense and the child cannot poop, because it is more difficult to get rid of them. Recently, we have already written about how much water a child needs.
2. Physical activity with a lack of fluid.Dancing, karate, football, figure skating - any sports training implies physical activity, and with it the body loses more water. If the child does not receive additional volumes of fluid, it causes constipation.
3. Unbalanced nutrition.A large number of proteins and fats with a lack of fiber and slow carbohydrates in the diet of a child inevitably leads to the appearance of constipation.
4. Eating exceptionally adapted food.The boiled and blended food with which you started feeding the baby should be left behind. After a year, the child must eat daily not only thermally processed food, but also raw vegetables and fruits.
5. Psychological problem.If parents overdo the potty habituation of the child, he may refuse to crap, holding back the feces in himself. It can also occur with children who have gone to kindergarten or school, and are disdained or shy to use the toilet there, preferring to be patient until they are home. This leads to big problems, because the volume of fecal masses that are not allowed to leave the intestine increases, stretching the walls of the rectum,leading to chronic constipation.
Read also:Problems with a chair at children: the reasons and first aid
WHAT TO DO WITH A CHILDREN AT A CHILD
1. Diet for constipation
Often, in order to solve the problem of constipation in children, it is enough to correct their diet. A diet for constipation should contain a large amount of fiber, coarse fibers that are not absorbed by the body, but pass through it and help it get rid of digested food.
Read also:Scientists have found a way to make children fall in love with vegetables and fruits
2. Treatment of constipation: laxatives
Self-treatment of constipation in a child is possible if the child is older than a year and, moreover, that he has not emptied the intestines for more than two days, nothing bothers him.That is, constipation is not a symptom of a disease.
For the treatment of constipation in children use laxatives. Among the drugs for constipation, pediatricians recommend the use of laxatives such as:
It is absolutely impossible to use other laxatives without a doctor's prescription, otherwise you will not only not help your child get rid of constipation, but you can also harm it.
3. Treatment of psychological constipation
Treating psychological constipation can be a very difficult step, but what you can do:
Create a big chartand hang somewhere where only your child can see it (but not your guests!).
Come up with a reward system.For example, for each time a child rolls, draw a star on the diagram. And if he gets the agreed number of stars, he can choose a new toy in the store.
Then land the child on the pot or on the toiletwithin 10 minutes after each meal and after taking a bath.If he has emptied the intestine, reward him with a star. If the child cannot poop, pat him on the back or praise him for trying to do it.