What is insider information? The answer is simple!
insider information - precise and specific information that was not disseminated or provided (including information constituting commercial, official, bank secrecy, communication secrets (as regards information on postal money transfers) and other secret protected by law), distribution or provision of information which can have a significant impact on the prices of financial instruments, foreign currency and (or) goods (including information relating to one or several issuers of equity securities (hereinafter referred to as "emite" t), one or more investment fund management companies, mutual investment funds and non-state pension funds (hereinafter referred to as the management company), one or more economic entities specified in paragraph 2 of Article 4 of this Federal Law, or one or more financial instruments, foreign currency and (or) goods) and which refers to information included in the relevant list of insider information specified in Article 3 of this Federal Law.
Article 3. Information pertaining to insider information
1. The insider information of the persons specified in paragraphs 1 - 4, 11 and 12 of Article 4 of this Federal Law includes information whose exhaustive list is approved by the normative legal act of the federal executive authority in the field of financial markets. Persons specified in this part are required to approve their own lists of insider information.
2. Insider information of the bodies and organizations referred to in paragraph 9 of Article 4 of this Federal Law, the Bank of Russia includes:
1) information about the decisions they made about the results of the tenders;
2) information received by them during the conducted inspections, as well as information on the results of such inspections;
3) information on the decisions taken by them regarding the persons specified in paragraphs 1-4, 11 and 12 of Article 4 of this Federal Law, on the issuance, suspension or revocation (revocation) of licenses (permits, accreditations) for certain activities, as well as other permits;
4) information on their decisions to bring to administrative responsibility the persons specified in paragraphs 1 - 4, 11 - 13 of Article 4 of this Federal Law, as well as on the application of other sanctions to the specified persons;
5) other insider information, as defined by their regulatory enactments.
3. The bodies and organizations specified in clause 9 of Article 4 of this Federal Law, the Bank of Russia must approve regulations containing comprehensive lists of insider information in accordance with the guidelines of the federal executive body in the field of financial markets.
4. Lists of insider information of persons listed in paragraphs 1 - 4, 11 and 12 of Article 4 of this Federal Law, bodies and organizations referred to in paragraph 9 of Article 4 of this Federal Law, the Bank of Russia shall be disclosed in the Internet on their official websites.
5. Insider information does not include:
1) information that became available to an unlimited number of persons, including as a result of their distribution;
2) studies, forecasts and estimates on financial instruments, foreign exchange and (or) goods, based on publicly available information, as well as recommendations and / or proposals on transactions with financial instruments, foreign currency and (or) goods.